These words of the Patriarch Abraham from the parable of the rich man and poor Lazarus, who said Jesus to teach us eternal truths and reveal the future to happen (Louk.16 ,19-31).
How many people today if you ask them what happens after death will answer, I do not know, who knows ... or would you xefournisoun some strange or silly view about transmigration, they have heard on television or read in a magazine doubtful.
But Jesus responds responsibly to all these questions and it is the only one who can give a reliable answer as only He knows. And from the words of Christ that:
1) It is once per mankind to die, but after this critical (Evr.9, 27)! Which means that others will go after the Second Coming of Christ, the angels in the kingdom of God and others to eternal hell and punishment. We must not forget that one day we will die. This not only has the highest philosophy (see Alexander the Great, a pupil of Aristotle), but also a safe condition salvation (M.Antonios, life under M.Athanasiou) as they reveal old and modern Fathers of the Church.
There is no greater illusion and artifice of the devil, from shakes our confidence in the words of Christ and the truths of our church, that we are not absolutely sure of Heaven and Hell. Therefore Christ Himself our clears, definitely
2) Each person will be judged by his actions , as clearly shown in the cut mellousis crisis, where those who did practice the love will be found to the right of Christ, and those who showed heartlessness will be found with the devil and his demons. This is also the story of the "rich man and poor Lazarus."Those who apply God's patience and perseverance, you will find His kingdom, those who neglect and neglect divine duties and obligations, mortgage their future, anti lentil dish, "what gar man give in exchange for his soul," as stated Christ himself. With what delights and what goods can compare the kingdom of God, but qualitatively and quantitatively ("essential is the kingdom of God and eating of drinking of" Rom.14, 17), being eternal, as we confess in the Creed "and His reign, will have no end. "
3) Meanwhile Hades there is no repentance ! Then, in another life, can open our eyes and see the harsh reality, but it is impossible to repent. In nothing benefited the rich information that Lazarus is part anapsyxeos, Abraham's bosom, not even geniuses repentance. All they ask is a small consolation, a favor, but that is impossible. Nothing in the benefits and the fact that he thought his brothers! In fact trying to justify the evafto of "if I knew exactly the truth, found myself not here!" But the Patriarch Abraham apostomonei. You were my dear God's Law and the Prophets, but despised and does not apply everything you say. Had the benevolent conscience God gave you, but I managed to smother to have fun. Enjoy the pleasures and wellbeing, while the poor Lazarus had all suffering and ever complained. So law is now everyone to reap the fruits of his work, to God. As paved, so you sleep.
This is why the Fathers emphasize that what makes man for salvation, let him do as breathing and struggling. Says one elder in age-related: If you fall into a sin and get up and start to grieve and repent for it, careful not stop regrets and sighs before the Lord, as the day of your death. Otherwise, you will fall again soon, in the same tank. godly sorrow This is for the soul bridle not let it fall into sin.
4) Not only is not repentance, but and no bridge to paradise . Shouted the rich and no one could hear him. And Abraham informs him that "mega estiriktai gap." Impossible is today, to repent and this devil, the inventor of evil, which is why in any way seeking to avenge the Creator and to deceive people by leading them away from the Truth and the Light.
5) God has given us all the necessary information and evidence for the afterlife and is from the evil one to ask for more ... This only as an excuse may work for the sinful life we do. Is trustworthy God who gave us all the evidence, and the fact that he who did not spare the angels, his first senior creations and how we believe we can amnesty, being in sin, but we got to? Currently even to shed His Precious Blood to relieve us from original sin and guilt.
Why always the man asks evidence on evidence? Especially from the God who is always reliable?
But when you borrow someone and think only of words that will get them back, you efkolopistos, even if it is to lose. When you begin a journey that will get you believe, even if you know every year that killed over 2000 people! When your team is playing, even if it has good tips, you still hope in unlikely a victory.When the devil and he says that if they do not repent today, you could definitely do it tomorrow, you believe him, even though logic says that "the postponement is mother ever."
And I do not believe that your Creator says "current esti weather welcome, now the day of salvation" now and not tomorrow, you do not know where and how you are.
Because when the benevolent God and the holy church, they tell the truth and ask for a letter of guarantee? Zitas to resurrect someone from the dead in order to inform! And let's say that this was for the previous generation, for others, for yesterday, came to a dead man. You will still be asked to do for you today, again and again, and again to make sure you would have doubts. As I read again these days a letter to a Christian who challenged with various arguments, the true existence of the Holy Light, what we saw and video taped. Those proofs you bring in, again he'll have his own arguments.
-Then Abraham said to the rich-and even a dead be resurrected, not going to believe what they have porothei with sin. Did the Pharisees thought they had sealed the tomb with entourage, not to steal Christ; When the soldiers told them that resurrected ones instead to believe their bribed not to say nowhere and exposed ...
Resurrected and then someone informed about the truth .
Resurrected once and for all, to inform all the doubting Thomases that there is eternal life and judgment. You heard what he said to the thief, on the Cross? Be sure Olas tonight and will be with me in Paradise . "We are punished justly, penitent robber said, adding the Lord remember me << ... >>" Repentance is the last moment of life, and put the thief in Paradise. In a single robber, though! What happened to the other? Who asked him to be the devil's advocate and to intimidate an innocent? Nobody told him to believe, but to intimidate and Olas? Himself chose unfortunately his position.
Resurrected Christ then to tell us that we too will be resurrected on that day will come and then glorious "arpagisometha in nefelais" to greet him and to live eternally with Him.
He assumed full body in heaven, the prophet Enoch and Elijah because applying His will and gave them advance incorruptibility. To thus prefiguring our own glory.
Resurrected Christ and maintains myrovlyzonta indestructible and the relics of saints, to remember that we are heading towards incorruption and immortality.
Keep in mind we STOU in Hades (death) and never despair, says the Saint Silouan.